Is your project following the guidelines in this book? Use this checklist to find out.
- Use pull requests for peer reviewing •
- Never commit directly to
- Avoid self-merging •
hotfixbranches for emergency fixes •
- Use a CI to automate running tests •
- Set up a staging environment •
- Automate deployments to staging and production •
- Keep track of code coverage •
Work in an iterative cycle of sprints and milestones. See Project lifecycle.
- Work in 2-week sprints •
- Start sprints on a Wednesday •
- Start with a sprint planning meeting •
- Designate days for QA testing •
- Schedule releases at the end of a sprint •
- Use version numbers for sprints and releases (eg,
- Write release notes •
Use Slack and a Project tracker.
- Use Slack for communication •
- Track progress with a project tracker
Next: Go back to the table of contents.