Using a Continuous Integration (CI) service to automate your testing and deployments lets your team move faster. It also enforces good testing practices by making sure that all tests pass before any code is merged into a project.
Using a CI
- Automate your tests.
- Automate your deployments to production and staging.
- Every pull request needs tests.
- Tests need to pass before they're merged.
- Let your CI run tests for every pull request.
- Don't merge pull requests that don't pass CI tests.
- Automate deployments to happen when certain branches pass tests.
developautomatically deploy into a staging system.
productionautomatically deploy into the production system.
Done! Go back to the table of contents.